Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mary's Apple~Yogurt Crepecakes

This Saturday morning is just like every Saturday morning. For as long as I can remember, the weekends bring about a desire to indulge in the breakfast realm. If I cannot go out and enjoy a wonderful breakfast somewhere, then I have to conjure up one of my forenoon delicacies. Today I wanted something with a little cinnamon apple-esque flair. From this desire came the following random, "a little this, a little that gastronomical satisfactory creation!" I bring you Mary's Apple~Yogurt Crepecakes! Served up right with a piping hot cup of Raven's Brew Coffee. This morning's brew? Ebony Pearls. Mary's Apple`Yogurt Crepecakes Main Ingredients 1 cup baking mix (I used Aldi's) 2 tbsp veg. oil 3 large eggs 1/2 cup milk 2 tsp vanilla 1 medium apple peeled and cored 1 tbsp cinnamon Filling Honey Yogurt (greek) Topping 2 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp pure maple syrup 1 tbsp cinnamon 2 tbsp butter Put all of the main ingredients into a blender (I used my bullet) and then blend to a very smooth, pour-able consistency. If for some reason it is not ultra smooth and the consistency of a nice gravy, then adjust mix/milk. Add ingredients in small amounts, remix. I took my large round, flat frying pan. Using my measuring cup, I scooped out 1 cup of the ultra smooth batter and poured it onto a very hot skillet that was pre-treated with cooking spray. Make sure that you smooth the batter all the way out to the edges. This will make one large pancake. When you see that there are bubbles all the way across the surface of your crepecake, then using a spatula gently go around the edges to ease up the sides. Turn your flame down (not easy with an electric stove, make modifications as necessary) There is no need to brown both edges, just make sure there is no runningness on the top. I have a metal handled pan so that I could place mine into the broiler on low for 1 minute to ensure a completed crepecake. Repeat this process. This recipe will give you a guaranteed 2 large crepecakes, with a possible smaller one. To remove them from the pan, (one at a time) take a plate and place it face down on top of the cooked crepecake, while still in the pan. Do a quick flip and your crepecake will land browned side up on the plate. Gently flip it so that the unbrowned side is facing up. Now, you will spread one tablespoon of yogurt (add more if you like it real creamy inside) and drizzle some honey over that. Next, gently roll up your crepecake. Set it aside until the other one is complete. In a small microwaveable container add the topping ingredients. Cook until the butter is melted. Place the crepes into the microwave for a little zapping warm up. Drizzle the topping over the crepes and serve! Enjoy your little forenoon treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment