Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Melting Pot _River North; Not what it use to be...

The eve of Mother's Day, 2015,  my daughter's and I went for our traditional "Daughter's Day" dinner. Many years ago when all three of my daughters were in college, I decided to mutually honor them as they are the reason I am a mother. While I realize there are many sides to that story, the fact remains, we celebrate our existence together. It is how we do things. So, this year it was decided that they would bring "us" to one of my favorite leisure dining experiences. The Melting Pot in River North, Chicago Illinois. So, now for my review...





What can I say, pots of melted cheese and chocolate, right? Well I have to admit the food was decadent, delicious and exactly what we came for. The "circuses;" well, it felt far too much like a circus. It has been some time since I was at (what was one time my fav, place) I spent a lot of time near Dearborn and Ontario.  Aside from the overall deterioration of the area, (very different from a couple years ago) the decline of the establishment is apparent too. From a dirty bathroom, (when your feet stick to the floor and the locks and hooks on the doors have been jury rigged) to the children freely wandering around I was beginning to question my high ticket decision to bring my daughter's to "my place." Our waiter was a very entertaining chap and good at what he did. There was no one busing the tables, no one ensuring we had water. Seriously 4 hours later and 2 glasses of water? The M-P needs to get with it, update, clean up. Oh, the food and the waiter 5 stars...the rest 1.5. Time to go to Geja's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment