So, speed ahead a few years. Last year I had the pleasure of interviewing Kirby Matthews . Matthews is Geja’s Café’s General Manager, wine buyer and force behind the monthly Winemaker dinner series. Every month, he creates a new theme for the dinners. Since speaking with Kirby, a visit to Geja's Cafe has been on my bucket list and thanks to perfect timing I was able to make it over and share it with my daughter and her husband. Just being back in my old neighborhood heightened the sense of wonder and ¨Ahh!¨
- Dress is dress to upper-casual. No baseball caps, tennis shoes, casual shorts, etc.
- Reservations are recommended in advance, especially for weekends.
- Reservations can be made online, Wine Dinners reservations must be made by phone: 773.281.9101
- No children under the age of 10. Because of the hot oils and open flames at the table, maturity is highly recommended.
- Don't come rushed! It is a nice leisurely, potentially very romantic experience.
- Consider cabbing it in or staying overnight at one of the wonderful hotels. Enjoy the wine and all that the experience has to offer.
Geja's Addendum! I went back and this time I brought Steve Champagne. He is typically not a big fondue fan, but, he absolutely loved Geja's Cafe! This makes me very happy, because I love Geja's. We will be back! Make sure you get your vote in and help Geja's remain as the most romantic restaurant. Vote here! Then go see for yourself.