Steve and Mary E. performed for a sold-out crowd of over 500 people April 10, 2015 at the beautiful historic Majestic Theatre in downtown Kankakee Illinois. They were among many other industrious musicians from as far away as Taipei Taiwan to celebrate the roots, stems and branches of the musical tree from Kankakee.
Their 10 or so minute set included: Norwegian Wood, (Beatles' cover) an original wrote by Mary E., and arranged by Steve, titled "Laughin' or Drunk Dial" a sweet reminiscent song, in the vein of country, dedicated to all the little sisters in the house, the Dusty Springfield classic, "Am I the Same Girl" and the Little Rascal's hit, "How Can I Be Sure."
Although Steve and Mary E., were honored by Mary's hometown of Kankakee, they now call Michigan City home. One might say that anywhere they plant and sing, is home to them. Music is home! You can discover more about their music by visiting them on Reverbnation, where they have maintained a leading position for some time. Some of the local places that you may have caught a glimpse or listen to the dynamic duo is:
- Ryan's Irish Pub- Michigan City
- The Pickle and Turnip- Michigan City
- Riverside Market - Michigan City
- Michigan City Farmer's Market - Michigan City
- Off the Vine - Momence Illinois
- The Gallery Cabaret - Chicago Illinois
- The Elbow Room - Chicago Illinois
- Illinois Making Strides event - Orland Park Illinois
- and many other private events and venues.